Reasons why plain flaxseed oil is better than high lignan flax oil
Copyright © 2007 Healing Cancer Naturally
As a German living in Germany, I have never seen flax oil with lignans being sold in any shops or online stores in this country. I assume that it didn't exist when Dr. Budwig started to help cancer patients heal in the 1940s, or at any time prior to this, either. What seems to be traditionally sold here in the health food stores is pure straight flax oil with nothing added - no lignans, no antioxidants etc. and this clearly appears to be what Dr. Budwig's patients used.
Plain flaxoil by itself of course is a traditional German food item. It is particularly popular in the form of a (Silesia-invented) dish which combines quark and potatoes in their jackets with flaxoil. So, long before Johanna Budwig's discoveries, a combination of quark and flaxoil has been consumed by the entire family probably for centuries and many generations.
Lignans reputedly have many health benefits (seeResearch Studies On Animals & Humans Into the Effects of Flaxseed and Flaxseed Components (Lignan, Lignan Precursors & Oil) on Cancer and Tumor Growth). Although Dr. Budwig doesn't seem to have mentioned lignans per se (and lignans themselves are a relatively recent "health" discovery), she knew about the health value of freshly ground flaxseeds and made them a "mandatory" part of her prescribed daily diet, thus providing the "consumer" with generous amounts of fresh lignans.
There are a number of disadvantages getting lignans from flaxoil with manufacturer-added pressing cake residue:
- The lignans aren't fresh, i. e. invariably more or less stale as compared to the fresh ones found in freshly ground flaxseeds.
- Lignan flax oil is uneconomical since it contains less omega3s than regular flaxoil (some of the space [if little] in the bottle is taken up by the pressing cake particles).
- Lignan flaxoil tends to contain addedantioxidants (which must be avoided according to Dr. Budwig's observations, compare BudwigFAQ: antioxidants).
- To keep the lignan particles afloat and in suspension, the flaxoil needs to be repeatedly shaken or stirred, thus introducing more or less air (oxygen) into the oil which accelerates oxidation (rancidity). Rancid oil should be carefully avoided and can be detected by an (even slightly) bitter taste, a "paint smell" or a smell of fish. (Incidentally, regular flax oil produced by Spectrum has been anecdotally reported as never presenting a rancidity problem while other brands have.)
- It's likely that some air is already being introduced into the flaxoil when the lignan-containing pressing cake is added during the manufacturing process.
- Wolfgang Bloching, the German provider of all basic items needed for the implementation of the Budwig protocol and Dr. Budwig's long-time close associate, only carried regular non-lignan flaxoil (he recently dropped the line since the lugging of the bottles had become too strenuous for him).
All these points considered, the introduction of high lignan flax oil in the US and other countries (but not in Germany) might possibly be motivated by purely economic reasons. The manufacturer adds pressing cake residue (which otherwise may have little value for him) back into the oil, while convincing the public that the product has thus been enhanced and often even charging a higher price.
One reason to use high lignan flax oil might be the following: those who don't wish to bother with the larger aspects of the Budwig protocol beyond thebasic flax oil/cottage cheese (or quark) mix, may benefit from the addition of (even slightly stale) lignans which are likely to retain some of their beneficial properties. In fact it seems that many of the apparent healing testimonials collected by Cliff Beckwith appear to concern people falling into this category (many of which you'll find under Budwig Cancer Cure Testimonials).
- Dr. Johanna Budwig's Healing Diet & Protocol. Unsolicited visitor's comment: "I have been educating myself on the Budwig protocol and your site is by far the most informative."
從我的 iPhone 傳送
星期六, 4月 27, 2013
Fwd: Dr. Johanna Budwig's Healing Diet and Protocol: Reasons why plain flaxseed oil is better than high lignan flax oil
星期四, 4月 25, 2013
星期三, 4月 24, 2013
星期一, 4月 22, 2013
星期四, 4月 18, 2013
星期三, 4月 17, 2013
星期四, 4月 11, 2013
星期六, 4月 06, 2013
星期四, 4月 04, 2013
1. 小蛋糕模 x2
1. 白糖 60克
2. 低筋面 60克
3. 菜油 1-2湯勺
4. 牛奶或者水 45克（3湯勺）
6. 醋 0.5小勺
1. 將雞蛋分開 蛋黃，蛋白（大碗裝蛋黃，打蛋器的膠盆裝蛋白）
6. 烘培 160度 35分鐘
通貨膨脹，物價上漲也是理所當然，但是沒有想到如此猛烈。 越來越，感覺吃不飽的時代來了。 因為，同樣的餐牌，同樣的菜式，份量就是少了。少的明顯，到了吃不飽的程度了。 那天，天氣炎熱到了午餐時候，路過KFC，想想有差不多一年沒有光顧了吧，以前的巴辣雞漢堡曾經是我的至愛，就點了一個套餐...
週日上午（9月7日），天氣炎熱32度。閒來無事，楂車癮發作，選白泥駕二奶前往。 一個月前想去看日落，沒想到迷路而只在中途看了晚霞。沒有走到底而耿耿於懷。 （晚霞@下白泥，8月16日攝）
其實我不太適合揸車，方向感不是很好，進了迴旋處就很難從正確的出口出來。到城門水塘前有幾個迴旋處，走了多次，直到最近才可以一起哈成到達目的地。哈哈！ 城門水塘是一個可以（免費）停車的地方，有山有水，樹木多，空氣好，不失為一個週末放鬆心身的好地方。 【遠處是香港第一的大...
初二，放假，非公眾假日。 似乎2015年的疲勞還沒有消除，所以到了早上10點才決定上大嶼山吃齋。說吃齋只是引誘老婆出門的，實質是大嶼山行山。對，行上寶蓮寺去！ 東涌-昂坪的行山路徑有3條，按難-易來講，1. 經鳳凰山， 2. 經360棧道，3.法門古道 今天，選擇了法門...